JDM Cars In Germany, A Day At A Car Meet


 This car meet was a while ago in august 2016 I've read about it randomly on some forums and since it wasn't too far away I thought I might check it out and take some pictures. I really got more to see there than I expected and I'm glad I went.


It was restricted solely to japanese makes and there was quite a variety of them present. After looking at the pictures it seems like I favoured the simpler and more functional modified cars.


While some were heavily modified other cars were proudly showing up in their stock form like this red Subaru BRZ which was the only BRZ/GT86/FRS I saw in the time I was there. That was a bit strange regarding that they are relatively popular even here in germany.


The pinnacle of sedans, at least for me. Toyota nailed it with the design of the JZX100 Chaser. This white one looked superb with its TRD (if I'm not mistaken) aero parts.


 A Toyota Celsior also in white just a size bigger than the Chaser. I was actually quite surprised by the amount of imported JDM-exclusive cars I got to see there.


 
I didn't like the looks of this R34 GT-T too much but as someone who's into japanese cars and not living in japan you take a picture when you see a Skyline no matter what.


There were quite a few Hondas present this Integra is another example of something you don't get to see here too often I thought they stopped selling them here after the DC2 but this one is left hand drive so maybe I'm wrong or it's a USA improt. I have to look into that.


Finally something only Europe got to enjoy the Accord Type R. Having owned the 2.3ES variant of this Accord model for quite some time, I have a soft spot for the Type R. Being a Type R it doesn't even need modifications the owner of this one seems to have the same point of view.


The famous AP1 with a hardtop who want's to hear the annoying wind noise anyway when you can listen to the screaming F20C instead.


This one was parked across from the other one also an AP1 same color as well but not so much to my taste. It looked more like the owner spent more time cleaning it than driving it. The stock one looked like there could be more fun had with it.


From a long list of Hondas to the king of them, the mighty NSX.

I usually don't like the NC although I love Miatas/MX-5s but this blue 20th anniversary one somehow grabbed my attention. I guess because it showed that sometimes some wheels and suspension is all you need.


 Nice to see a clean subtle modified S13 200sx/180sx after seeing so much beat up drift cars. I quite like this one. Looks like  some kind of Type-X inspired bodykit. Somehow this silver Hyundai Coupe managed to sneek into the japanese car meet, looks like someone at the gate needs to get their car makes straight.


Parked a bit apart form the crowd was this sort of drift spec S14a. I was a little confused because apart from the miss matched bumpers the car looked really clean, even sitting on stock wheels.


 Another car with the popular SR20DET engine, the less popular Nissan Sunny/Pulsar GTI-R. I just noticed there is an RX-8 right next to it in the picture I didn't notice it at all when I was there and even was a litte disappointed because of the lack of rotarys. Funny how sometimes there is just too much stuff going on to take it all in.


Parked in the shade on this hot summer day I also found this beautiful Lan Evo4.


I'm going to end this post with this TA28 Celica GT which was wearing a bodykit you would have seen in the 80's here in germany a lot I guess, spiced up with a more recently popular kyusha inspired external mounted oil cooler and the Akina Speed Stars sticker form our favourite anime on the front air dam.

Comments